Thursday, October 8, 2009

head throbbing ; blegh

It's funny how when it was such a hype that everyone was so worried to get sick during the H1N1 brief phase. That now when it's finally quieted down, I get sick. I wasnt even sick, even for a bit these past few months. And now here I am in my room with eyes burning and nose running and throat itching and voice sounding more and more like there's a wad of tissue stuffed into my nose.

"Org kata ni maybe penyakit rindu ni. Alaa,berjauhan sikit nak sakit mengada la pulak kan!" HAHA!

Mama said the death rates are going down gor H1N1, but now Dengue is on the rise. So people, watch out for unwanted mosquitoes. Not that there are any wanted ones. Nyehehe. But seriously, take care of your homes and if you have a fever, check it ASAP. Or if you know anyone with symptoms of Dengue fever. You know, it can be fatal. Better be careful than regretting it later.

I ate a pill for my flu, and it was suppose to make me sleepy. But it didnt. And so I stayed awake. I walked towards my room after a few hours of watching pointless TV, my head was throbbing like it was going to explode. My heart was beating so hard I could feel it thumping. I went out to the living room again and looked for the blood pressure monitor. I checked and my blood pressure was 64 and my pulse was 92. Even after I relaxed. *Sigh*

And right now, Im still not sleeping. It's already morning. Im watching Gossip Girl on Graboid. I still have some remaining bandwidths. Im too lazy to download all the eps. I'll download the ones I dont get to watch after I used up all the free bandwidths. :) && Im txting Acap who's probably trying to study at Apek's. Dont really know if he's succeeding. Oh anyhow, GOOD LUCK you people who's taking Comp Apps for Dips Studs. Cececece! "Menyampah aku ! Nak shortform mengada pulakkk!"

OK so in regards of the warning that has been issued by me earlier in this post. Here are some info about Dengue, im posting just a bit. You go ahead and google it if you want. :) -- Mama would be so proud :D --

The signs and symptoms of Dengue fever are as follows:

- High fever (104 F, 40°C)
- Chills
- Headache
- Red eyes, pain in the eyes
- Enlarged lymph nodes
- Deep muscle and joint pains (during first hours of illness)
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Low blood pressure and heart rate
- Extreme fatigue

Basically, dengue commences with high fever and other signs as listed above for 2 to 4 days. Then, the temperature drops rapidly and intense sweating takes place. After about a day with normal temperature and a feeling of well-being, the temperature rises abruptly again. Rashes (small red bumps) show up on the arms, legs and the entire body simultaneously along with fever. However, rashes rarely occur on the face. The palms of the hands and soles of the feet may be swollen and bright red. Although the patient may feel exhausted for several weeks, most cases of dengue take approximately one week to recover. Once a person recovers from dengue, he or she will have antibodies in their bloodstream which will prevent them from having a relapse for about a year.

Prevention and Control

At present, the only method of preventing and controlling dengue fever is to eradicate the mosquito population. They are a number of ways to combat the vector mosquitoes:

- Improved water storage practices. Cover all containers to prevent egg laying female mosquitoes access to it.

- Implement proper solid waste disposal.

- Eliminate any sources that may collect water such as tins, bottles, plastic food containers and old tires. Mosquitoes breed easily in any source of standing water.

- Appropriate insecticides, such as larvicide's can be added to water containers and man-made ponds. The insecticides can prevent mosquitoes breeding for several weeks. However, they must be re-applied as per directions.

- Always clean and check drains to ensure they are not blocked especially during the rainy season.

- Breed small mosquito-eating fishes in an artificial pond to eradicate the mosquito larvae.

In addition to the above, there are a number of factors to help prevent the mosquito being attracted to human prey.

- Avoid wearing dark and tight clothing because mosquitoes are attracted to dark colours. Wear loose, white and long clothes, which cover the whole body. Mosquitoes find it difficult to bite through loose clothes than tight fitting clothes.

- Environmental conditions. It is suggested to sleep under mosquito netting or in a room which has mosquito screens on the windows. Mosquitoes are unlikely to bite in an air-conditioned room and under strong fans. Mosquito coils are also useful to help prevent mosquitoes from entering the room.

- Apply mosquito repellants.

- Avoid reduce outdoor activities during morning and late afternoon because Aedes mosquitoes are daytime feeders.


Be safe and take care.

So until the next time you peeps!

Love, Aqi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest and commentaries. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Enjoy reading more of the posts, feel free to explore!