Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Be your own self! Respect!

There are a few times where I encounter these kinds of situations -- the kind of people who doesnt have their own personal identity that they feel the need to compete with other people at their lives, just so they can have public validation. Sometimes they compete with a lot of different people that they meet in life, or sometimes they just pick one and in turn making that other person's life a miserable one. Mostly, these kinds of people are usually alone, or attached to the girlfriend/boyfriend (if they have any), with no friends. Yes, no friends. How can someone who are always envious with someone else's life have any friends? It's easy -- they dont have any friends that they can actually feel secured about.

OK, this is just something I have an opinion about. If you have this kind of life, then be my guest -- but let me ask you something -- wouldnt it be better if you dont? Wouldnt it be better if you have something you can hold on to and that's yours? That you have your own identity? That you have things that are unique to yourself, and you dont have to constantly chase for other people's opportunities and actually earn your own?

Well, let me tell you something. Having your own thing is better. Really. All I am saying is that being your own person is better than trying to be someone else just because they look like they have everything that life has to offer. If you ask me, no -- they dont have everything that life has to offer. They're just like any other human beings, no one is perfect. Neither are you. So what can we do? Be the best that we can be.

If you've always felt that, "Oh man, he/she has that! I should get that! That looks cool, I should be the one who looks cool instead of him/her" or "maybe if I be more like him/her, people will notice me, so i'll have more people that knows me, popularity upped! yes!" or "oh he/she looks good in that, eff him/her, i'll look better in that, so people will notice me instead of him/her" or "oh he/she has new friends, yeah, i can be friends with them too, add!"
**ignore the enthusiasm.

You know that kind of feeling of never being satisfied? You know why? Because when this happens, you are usually doing things that other people love, not what you really love. Having someone else's interests just for the sake of it or for the sake of trying to make other people notice you. That's not right.. It's just not. Let me ask you -- would you rather people notice you because of you or because of something that you're not even sure is you. I'm putting all of my money on being who I am. It doesnt matter, really, if some people dont really like you -- you cant really make everyone like you. That's just how it works. I am just thankful that those that are close to me, knows what I am like and knows who I aspire to be.

I never quite understood this attention-seeking hype. Maybe I am from a different generation probably? I dont really think so. Maybe the different upbringing? All in all, I am very lucky to be surrounded by people who are nothing like that. OK, not all of them. I tend to distance myself from whoever I feel might make me tick like a timebomb. I usually just surround myself with people that are similar to me, but yet so different. So we dont have to compete for much really, because our interests are different.

Life is hard enough, with everything else. Why do you want to make it more complicated. Just be yourself, and just do whatever you want in life. Never look at someone's life and envy them to the extent that you think that they have more than you, and that life is unfair. They might have something more that you have in one thing -- or maybe two -- BUT! That's because they probably worked hard for it. Everything happens for a reason. Dont chase, dont always think like you're in a race. Live your life at your own pace. Be your own self and enjoy it, savour it. Most of the time, happiness is just right in front of you. It's not that life is unfair, it's just how it is. You have to put in some effort for it to be how you want it to be. If you gain something by hurting someone else, then do you really think it'll last? Have some faith in yourself, because no matter what, you'll be the one living it. Make your own calls, and be your own person. It's liberating.

It's free.

Try it.

Until the next one, this one is getting too long :)

2 comments:

  1. nothing is impossible in this world...just believ in ur self that u can achieve ur aim....!

    i'm currently finding bussiness partner,,.,no creteria is needed student IPT is most preferable..if u interested u may leave ur full name, location (latest) and phone number at my blog at the side of "CONTACT ME" i'll contact u 24 hours :)

    Latest Post | Video Sunday 12 !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. that's right. nothing is impossible :)

    i've noted the invitation. :) thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest and commentaries. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Enjoy reading more of the posts, feel free to explore!