Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bookworm ; Chick Lit ; Lindsey Kelk !


I got them both from MPH in Subang Parade. Still have another RM100 to go. So, these are the books that I found interesting -- well, in a chick-lit-interesting kind of way. I was waiting for the 'I heart Vegas' since last year, so was really excited to find this one on the shelf. I even held back the urges to buy some other books I found while I was in Malacca. Thought better of it, and decided to wait till I was in KL. So, I first went to POPULAR in Sunway Pyramid, but was disappointed. I didnt even find anything from the author Paige Toon -- other than the ones I already have - let alone anything from Lindsey Kelk. So, decided to postpone going back to Malacca due to personal matters and --well, this.*smiles*

 I went to Subang Parade and HOORAY! Found the 'I heart Vegas' book. I was stoked! Except I couldnt find any books from Paige Toon, which the computer lied to me. I searched the MPH books availability and it said there were some books that I wanted there, but it was misleading. So, I picked another one and settled with one from Alexandra Potter. I read 'Me and Mr Darcy' from her before. Wasn't too thrilled, but I loved Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen -- thought of giving the book a try since, who am I kidding? A 21st century Mr Darcy? Who wouldnt want that!

So here are the synopsis for both :

I heart Vegas by Lindsey Kelk 
♡ Angela Clark loves her life in New York. She a Brit who's conquered the Big Apple. Unfortunately, she's also a Brit who's lost her job. And when, just a couple of weeks before Christmas, the immigration department gets wind of this, Angela needs to find a new job urgently. Or a husband. And she doesn't think her boyfriend Alex will be keen. A girls' weekend in Vegas with her best friend Jenny seems the perfect way to forget her troubles. From the minute they arrive Angela is swept up in a whirl of cocktails, outrageous outfits, late nights and brushes with the chapel of love. But rather than escaping trouble, Angela is up to her neck in it!. But what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas -- right? With a bonus Angela's Guide to Vegas - the ultimate city break guide!

Calling Romeo by Alexandra Potter
♡ What is the worst thing that could happen to you on Valentine's Day? 1) Getting stood up by your long term boyfriend? 2) Having to spend the evening alone? 3) Being drenched by an idiot driving a sports car?
When all three happen to Juliet on the same night, she reckons her love life cant get any worse. But it's actually about to get a whole lot more complicated.. Because the driver of the sports car is revealed to be her arch business rival. She knows she should stay away. Except it's not that easy. Sykes is determine to sweep her off her feet and away from her boyfriend Will. But is it worth risking everything for? Are they really destined to be star-crossed lovers? Or is Romeo actually a little closer to home?


So here is all of the 'I heart' series! I have all of them and they're really good for light-reading. I didn't thought much of it when I first bought it. Actually I bought the 'I heart Paris' first before the other two. Since, I am really into anything Paris/France-related. One of my wish is to explore the wonders of the place one day. Among the other countries in my list. Loved the Paris book, found out that it's actually a series -- so went to the bookstore and got myself the first one, New York and the second, Hollywood. The characters are very well-written and I love how they're unique in their own way. Yes, I know there are tons of chick lit, nowadays. Trust me, these books are really good if you want something fun to read. 

So here's the synopsis for the books in this series :

I Heart New York
♡ It’s official. Angela Clarke is in love — with the most fabulous city in the world. Fleeing her cheating boyfriend and clutching little more than a crumpled bridesmaid dress, a pair of Louboutins and her passport, Angela jumps on a plane, destination – NYC. Holed up in a cute hotel room, Angela gets a New York makeover from her NBF Jenny and a whirlwind tour of the city that never sleeps. Before she knows it, Angela is dating two sexy guys. And, best of all, she gets to write about it in her new blog (Carrie Bradshaw eat your heart out). But it’s one thing telling readers about your romantic dilemmas, it’s another figuring them out for yourself ! Angela has fallen head over heels for the big apple, but does she heart New York more than home?

I Heart Hollywood
♡ Celebs, sunshine and beautiful boys!enough to lead a girl astray? Angela Clark can't believe her luck! she's an English girl living in New York with a dream job at hip magazine The Look and a sexy boyfriend. Her latest assignment takes her to Hollywood to interview hot actor and fellow Brit James Jacobs.Thrown in at the deep end she heads west with best friend Jenny dreaming of Rodeo Drive and Malibu beach. Soon Angela discovers that celebrity life in Hollywood is not all glamour, gloss and sunshine. Despite his lady-killer reputation, the only person who seems genuine is James. Then a paparazzi snaps them in an uncompromising position and suddenly Angela is thrust into the spotlight for all the wrong reasons! Can she convince all those close to her -- especially her boss and her boyfriend -- not to believe everything they read? And will Hollywood ever win Angela's heart?

I Heart Paris (my fav!)
♡ Angela is in the city of love -- but romance is taking a nose-dive! When Angela Clark's boyfriend Alex suggests a trip to Paris at the same time as hip fashion mag Belle asks her to write a piece, she jumps at the chance. But even as she's falling for the joie de vivre of Paris, someone's conspiring to sabotage her big break. And when she spots Alex having a tete-a-tete with his ex in a local bar, Angela's dreams of Parisian passion all start crashing down around her. With London and her old life only a train journey away, Angela can't decide if should stay and face the music or run away home!


Try them, girls! You wont be disappointed. The dynamic between Angela & Alex is -- indescribable. They'll take you on a journey, that might be yours if you're lucky enough :) If so, I envy you. Haha!


Until the next one! BYEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest and commentaries. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Enjoy reading more of the posts, feel free to explore!